Case Study: Mockingbird Incubator
Mockingbird Incubator empowers nonprofit founders to launch or improve their organizations and create a sustainable impact in their communities. They do this by helping new nonprofits put infrastructure in place and guiding them in areas such as strategic planning, budgeting, and board development. They also aid them in staying in compliance with federal guidelines for 501(c)3 organizations.
Mockingbird Incubator was looking to increase their list of email subscribers and their email open rates, and ultimately, grow their client list.
Beeline created a system for growth that allowed Mockingbird Incubator to:
- Double their email list in just 4 months
- Increase site visits by 106%
- Sign on dozens of new clients
- Put on an event that attracted more than 150 attendees
Beeline was responsible for managing Mockingbird Incubator’s Google Ads campaign, which was funded through a Google Ad Grant. This advertising campaign drew in thousands of new visitors to the Mockingbird Incubator website, where visitors were then able to take advantage of free resources and learn more about the programs offered by Mockingbird Incubator.
We also provided training for the Mockingbird Incubator staff in how to create digital resources that would attract their target audience of emerging nonprofit leaders. One of those resources was a nonprofit growth assessment—a free quiz showing nonprofit founders the stage in which their organization currently is, as well as concrete next steps they could take. At the end of the quiz, participants were directed to relevant resources, including Mockingbird Incubator’s workshops and other programs.
See the whole story in this interview with Mockingbird Incubator’s Executive Director, Jessica Payne.
Case Study: Connected Families
Connected Families (CF) empowers parents by equipping them to lead with love and grace and raise children who are able to connect with them relationally and spiritually. They also help parents deepen their relationship with each other and get on the same parenting page.
Connected Families was looking to scale their organization by increasing their email list, customer list, and donor list.
Beeline created a system for growth that allowed CF to:
- Increase their email subscriber list by 250 every month
- Add 40 new customers of their products and services and 8 new donors every month
- Create a team of more than 600 people who volunteer their time weekly and refer CF to family and friends
Beeline worked with CF to restart and effectively manage their Google Ad Grant campaign, which drove thousands of new visitors to their website. Once they were on the site, the visitors were able to find helpful, free content that offers solutions to common parenting issues. Many visitors were converted to subscribers, and as a result, CF was able to substantially increase their subscriber list (which currently stands at 40,000). They were also introduced to CF’s paid resources, such as online courses, eBooks, and coaching, that help support the nonprofit.
In addition, we set up a system to track conversions of their numerous content downloads. In doing so, we were able to analyze and provide feedback to the CF team regarding the content that was the most popular with readers. This helps drive their internal marketing and content work to make it more effective with their target audience.
See how CF strategically grows their nonprofit organization in ways that complements their mission by watching this interview with their Executive Director, Anna Braasch:
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- 1:27 – CF’s fundraising model
- 3:29 – The importance of a wide net for growing a list (potential donor base)
- 3:47 – Who their donors are
- 4:47 – How the CF team chooses what to create to attract and help people
- 6:41 – The kind of resources they create to grow subscribers
- 7:13 – How CF has set up automatic relationship building with new subscribers
- 8:21 – How they invite subscribers to the next step without asking for donations
- 9:35 – A short story about the kind of trust and loyalty they create
- 11:58 – How they invite subscribers to become donors
- 13:09 – How they encourage and keep donors engaged
- 14:03 – The amount of effort needed to serve subscribers and build relationships
- 15:40 – How they grow their traffic and help new people find them
Let Beeline help you grow your nonprofit organization! We will create a custom marketing plan that helps you attract new donors and supporters ways that complement your mission.
Interested to learn more? Schedule a call with us.